Linksys Velop AC6600 Setup
Live Chat with our experts & get real-time answers to all your queries.
Tap below to discuss your Linksys issues with our experts and get the solution.
To eliminate the WiFi dead zones in the house or office, setting up the Linksys velop AC6600 Setup is a reliable option. Although the velop configuration process is not so tricky, you can perform this by only using a device’s web browser. But, it is necessary for you to get an overview of the entire procedure. So, have a look over these informative points of the installation methods.
Linksys Velop AC6600 Setup Product Overview
As you get the Linksys velop device, do the unboxing of it. Here, you will get the velop nodes, a power adapter cable, an ethernet wire, and a manual guide. Talking about its overview, this velop has a LED on top which shows different color notifications.
Whereas on its back panel, it has power, ethernet, internet, and USB ports. In addition, it contains a reset, WPS, and power button on the bottom. Besides that, it has a number of holes for ventilation purposes. Also, there are some inbuilt antennas in the velop setup.
Now, let’s jump to the Linksys Velop AC6600 Setup process.
Installation Through Linksys App
Through the Linksys smart app, you can perform the Linksys Velop AC6600 Setup easily and quickly with a little bit of effort. Fortunately, you only need to launch the Linksys app on your wireless-connected device to execute the process.
- To start with, join the parent velop node to the power source using a power cable.
- On the other hand, attach the other nodes to the parent node by ethernet wires.
- Once the Velop shows an ideal LED color, move to the next step,
- Following this, select the velop network and connect your device to it.
- After connecting it, go to the Google Play Store on your connected mobile.
- Search the Linksys app and give permission to the device to install it.
- Thereafter, open the app and mark the agreement on the terms and conditions.
- On the next screen page, insert the email and password in the box and click OK.
- Then, follow the app instructions and select the network of which range you want to extend.
- Finally, the app screen will display a “The parent node is configured” message.
Note: If you are using an apple device, then install the official app from the Apple App Store. Use your Apple ID and password and allow your iOS device to launch this.
Configuration On Web-Based Setup Page
In addition to the Linksys app method, you can access the velop’s web-based setup page to configure it. However, in this process, there will be the requirement of the velop’s web or IP address along with the login credentials. So, keep these things ready earlier and then utilize these steps later.
- Initially, connect your PC to the node through a wireless or wired connection.
- Try to make an ethernet-wired connection to get a secure and stable signal.
- Following this, install any web browser on that device and search the Linksys velop’s default web address.
- Asides from that, you can make use of the IP address that is 192.168.1.1.
- After reaching the next page, insert admin as the login credentials in the prompted field and click enter.
- Further, on the velop’s dashboard go to the CA link and then CA router settings under the connectivity option.
- There, generate a WiFi SSID and password for your network and choose the network that you want to extend.
- Lastly, a popup message of Your Node Is Configured Now will show on your PC screen.
Hence, through these two ways, your Linksys velop AC6600 Setup’s parent node will be installed. Afterward, connect more devices to it and get the highest speed of the internet without any interruptions.
Resolving Points Linksys Velop AC6600 Setup
Undoubtedly, you may get some common issues while configuring or using your velop. To eliminate them immediately, keep in mind and follow some consideration points as the troubleshooting ways.
- Attach the velop to the router through an ethernet wire rather than making a wireless connection.
- Ensure to use the velop’s appropriate web or IP address while executing Linksys Velop AC6600 Setup.
- More than that, there must be a good connection between your device and the velop.
- Also, the child or other nodes will be connected well to the main or parent node.
- Keep your device’s web browser and velop’s firmware updated every time.
- Moreover, use the LEDs indications often to verify the working and connection strength of the velop.
- If you are facing the velop’s malfunctioning continuously, in that case, choose the reset function.
- Use the reset feature if needed as it will discard the configuration settings of the velop. And you will need to configure it again.
Linksys Velop AC6600 Setup Benefits
This Linksys Velop device comes with cutting-edge technical features which provide a range of advantages to users. After installing this device, you will be able to get the strongest internet signal even in the WiFi dead zones. Evidently, your devices will remain connected to the modem and will work effectively. The interesting fact is that you can connect multiple devices to it whether it is your Smart TV or CCTV.
Therefore, with the help of the above-mentioned useful points, you can execute the Linksys Velop AC6600 Setup process easily. However, if you have any queries regarding this device, then don’t hesitate to reach us. You can contact us by making a call at +1408-477-8750 or mailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Indeed, we are a doorstep away to assist you!
Linksys Velop AC6600 Setup FAQs
The Linksys AC6600 velop works with three bands; these are 2.4 GHz and 2x 5 GHz bands. Where each band has a maximum bandwidth that is 400Mbps for the 2.4 GHz band and 900Mbps for the 5GHz bands. This is why it provides up to 2200 Mbps internet speed.
There are mainly two-three ways available through which you can log in to your Linksys velop. These are on the web UI and the Linksys Smart App. For web UI you can use the velop’s default web or IP address. Whereas, in the second method, install the Linksys app on your device and access the login page there.
Yes, the Linksys velop has this part. But, it has inbuilt antennas rather than any on its outer. That’s why there is always confusion among users regarding this.
There may be several reasons behind this. You might be using an inaccurate web or IP address. The Linksys App on your device may be outdated. Maybe the Linksys velop is not connected to the existing internet provider device. There can be a chance that your internet connection is not active.