How to Update Linksys Velop Firmware
Live Chat with our experts & get real-time answers to all your queries.
Call us to discuss your Linksys issues with our experts and get the solution.
Updating your Linksys Velop Firmware is very crucial as it helps fix the bugs and enhance the functionality of your device. An updated firmware can prevent you from facing minor and major issues that can affect your work performance.
Various Ways To Update Linksys Firmware
There are two ways to update your Linksys Velop firmware. You can do it Automatically or manually. Sometimes it is up to you and sometimes you do not get the automatic option in your settings.
Automatic Linksys Velop Firmware Update
Your Device is available for Automatic and manual Linksys Velop Firmware updates. Automatic updates are easy as compared to manual ones.
- Use a wired computer for a stable connection. Otherwise, it can interrupt the update process and you have to restart the process again which can be very frustrating.
- You can use another browser if your default one is not working or loading slowly. Another computer can be used as well for the firmware update only.
- Now download the correct Linksys Velop Firmware update for your device according to its version.
- Remember to disconnect any storage device if there is any connection. Because firmware updates can cause some serious data loss which will be next to impossible to recover.
- Prepare a backup configuration.
- Now update your firmware by clicking on update and restart.
- Your Linksys Velop Firmware will be updated to the newest version in a few minutes.
- The device will restart.
- Click on Done and you can start using your device.
Manual Linksys Velop Firmware Update
First of all, you need to find out about the model number and version of your Linksys Velop Firmware. You can check the bottom of your device for the label containing this information.
- Launch a web browser that you often use and then type in “192.168.1.1” in the Address bar. If the IP address does not work or if it has been changed, check your router’s local IP address.
- Enter your Linksys Velop existing or default login credentials. The default password is admin. If you changed or personalized your password, use that instead.
- Click on Administration > Linksys Velop Firmware Upgrade.
- Click the Browse button.
- Locate and select the file that you have downloaded then click Open.
- Click the Start Upgrade button.
- Click Continue when it prompts that the upgrade has been successful.
- Turn the router OFF then turn it back ON.
Resetting and Re-configuring the router
Resetting your device is a very essential step after you are done updating your Linksys Velop Firmware. It takes a few seconds. Re-configuring your device after resetting is the second and last step that you have to follow to be able to enjoy your internet connection again.
Placement Of Your Device
First of all, You have to find a suitable place for your device as it affects the network connection. So, there are a few things that you have to keep in mind while doing that.
- Place your in the middle of the place. It helps cover the whole house or office equally and efficiently.
- Keep your host device and Linksys device near each other. The less the distance the stronger the connection.
- Do not keep your device near walls, aquariums, or big showpieces. These types of things interrupt the signal and result in slow or unstable internet.
- Electromagnetic devices emit the kind of waves that bother the internet connection. So find out all the electromagnetic devices and remove them.
Process of Logging In For Velop
There are three methods for logging in. You can choose any of them according to your needs and comfort.
- Web Browser – Linksys’s official site is the most basic option for logging in. You can use your default browser and enter the web address of Linksys. The IP address can also be used but you have to be careful as a little mistake can result in visiting the wrong site. Just go to the site and click on the login option. Fill in all the login credentials and you will be logged in a few seconds.
- WPS – If your host device has a WPS option then this is the best and easiest method to login. Turn on the WPS on your host as well as Linksys device and connect.
- Mobile App – Linksys offers a mobile app to simplify the login process. You can download the Linksys app on your mobile and start with it right away. Open the app and click on the login option. Fill in all the information required and you will be good to go.
Setting Up Your Linksys Velop
Setting up is the final step that you have to perform before starting with your Linksys. This is a very crucial step and requires full focus.
- Connect the host device and your Linksys Velop via an ethernet cable. Just make sure that your ethernet cable is not damaged in any way.
- Now plug in your host device with an available power outlet that has a stable and efficient supply of electricity. This makes your setup process smooth.
- Turn on the device that you want to connect with the Linksys Velop.
- Go to the network settings and click on scan.
- Wait for the Velop name to appear on your screen.
- Click on it and give it some time to connect.
- You are all ready to enjoy a faster and impeccable network connection once you are done with the setup process.
Connect to Our Support Team
Although the procedure is easy and simple you can still face some issues. That is common as the procedure consists of technical steps. So if you are stuck somewhere then you can take the help of the User Manual Guide that comes along with the Linksys Product. All the information that you can require is in it. You can search online too. But in case these two options do not work out for you then you can reach out to our Support Team which is ready 24/7 for your help. They are completely capable of solving all kinds of technical issues regarding wireless Wi-Fi network connections. You do not have to worry about anything once you contact them. They are highly trained to pay attention to every little detail and resolve the issue in no time.