Linksys RE1000 WiFi Extender Setup
Live Chat with our experts & get real-time answers to all your queries.
Write to our experts and they will get to you in the least possible time.
The Linksys RE1000 WiFi extender setup is a straightforward process with the CD setup method. Moreover, you can also execute the installation by using the WPS and Web-Based ways. But, in order to do the configuration, users must know the whole criteria and other essential things.
Let’s dive into the entire procedure.
RE1000 WiFi Extender Setup Overview
To make the Linksys extender setup comfier, go through the extender’s several buttons functions. The Linksys RE1000 extender contains mainly two-three buttons and an Ethernet port. Here is an overview of the extender
- On the front, there is a light indicator that shows its activity.
- At the top, there is a Reset button along with the WPS button.
- Besides that, there is an Ethernet port at the bottom of the extender.
Prerequisites of Linksys RE1000 WiFi Extender Setup
Prior to launching the extender, just look once at the things which you will require to configure the extender. Here is a list of these
- A setup CD which you will get along with the extender.
- A WiFi router with an internet connection.
- Any PC or other device.
- In addition, an ethernet wire also is on the requirement list.
These are the only things that you will need. Now, let’s jump to the setup points.
Steps For Setup Process
Basically, there are three ways by which you can do the extender configuration, these are the CD setup, Web-Based, and WPS processes. Read the instructions carefully for all the procedures
Use The Setup CD
- Place the PC near the router and make the connection between them by WiFi network.
- Following this, Insert the Setup CD into your PC and start the Setup.
- Then click Next by marking agree on the license terms.
- Now, plug the extender into a power socket and it will search for the Wireless networks.
- Thereafter, choose your network, insert the password, and click OK.
- Finally, the extender setup is done and ready to use.
Using WPS Setup
The WiFi Protected Setup is another convenient way to configure the extender. You can make the connection by using the WPS buttons on the router and extender. Make sure that your router has a WPS function. Use these directions to do this
- First, plug the extender into the power outlet close to the router.
- Afterward, press the WPS button on the router.
- Then press the extender’s WPS button immediately.
- After the connection, the extender’s light will be lit constantly.
Connection With Client Device Using PIN
In case, to connect your other devices which have the WPS option, you can opt for the WPS function.
- To begin with, open the extender’s web-based setup page and fill in the login details.
- Furthermore, go to the Wireless option and insert the PIN of the client device.
- Tap Register on the page.
- Thus, the connection is complete.
Connection by Using Extender’s PIN
To use this service, take the extender’s PIN from the bottom of the extender.
- After login on to the extender setup page, select the Wireless option.
- Fill in the Extender’s PIN in the field.
- Where the PIN must be an 8-digit number.
- By inserting the PIN, click OK on the page.
- In this way, the client’s device is connected to the extender.
With Browser-Based Setup
Apart from these two processes, the Linksys RE1000 extender installation can be done using the default Web or IP address. Utilize any internet browser on a PC to proceed further
- Join the extender to your PC with the help of an Ethernet wire.
- Thereafter, visit the default web address or type the 192.168.1.1 IP address or extender.linksys.com on a web browser.
- On that screen page, enter the extender’s username and password.
- Start the Setup and use admin as the password in the field.
- In the end, click OK and thus login is successful.
Linksys RE1000 Extender Setup Browser-Based Utility
Once the configuration is complete, you can change the advanced settings of the extender by using the browser-based utility. Although, to change and save the settings, you must click on Save Settings to apply the changes. Browser-based utility’s, to open the Browser-Based Utility on different devices, follow the instructions
For Microsoft Windows XP PC
- Firstly, tap My Computer from the Start option.
- In the second step, click My Computer Places.
- The RE1000 icon will appear on the right side.
- Go to properties after Right-click on RE1000.
- Check the extender’s IP address and double-click on the icon.
- The username and password box will appear directly on your browser.
For Mac Device
- Open Safari on your Mac and tap “Book Icon”.
- You will see the RE1000 picture there,
- After that, double-click on the book icon.
- The username and password box will open.
- Enter admin in the password field and leave the username field blank.
- Lastly, tap OK and you will log in to the Browser-Based Utility.
Facing Errors While Using Linksys RE1000 WiFi Extender Setup?
In any case, the Linksys RE1000 extender stops working or gets disconnected whatever the cause is. Utilize certain troubleshooting points to solve the error
- Verify the light indication and connection of the extender.
- Check that your device is connected to the router or not,
- Try alternate locations to avoid signal disruptions.
- Keep your extender away from other electronic devices.
- Place the extender near the router to get a strong signal.
- If there is any need, reset the extender.
- Press the reset button for 10 seconds to reset the extender.
You can create the configuration settings’ backup before resetting the extender. Later reset the extender, and restore the backup without doing the reconfiguration.
Insert the setup CD into the optical drive of the PC and plug the extender into the power outlet. Then start the Setup Process on the PC. Select your wireless network from the list and enter the network password. In the final step, click OK to finish the process.
Apart from the CD setup, you can use the WPS or Web-Based Setup. For WiFi Protected Setup, press the WPS button of both the extender and router. And for web-based, use the default web or IP address on the device’s web browser.
You can check the connected wireless devices to the extender on the web-based setup page. In the first place, go to the status on the web-based setup page. In the next step, click WLAN Clients Table under WLAN Statics. More than that, you can also check the MAC address, names, and HOP number information on this page.
You can change the extender’s inbuilt power plug into the wall power socket. Press the latch from the back of the extender. Release it by sliding upward. After that, connect the AC wire to the power connector.
You can reset the Linksys RE1000 extender in two different ways. In the first case, press the reset button for 10 seconds and wait for its factory default settings. On the other hand, go to the Administration on the web-based setup page. Click Restore Factory Default to reset it.