Linksys RE4100W Setup
Live Chat with our experts & get real-time answers to all your queries.
Write to our experts and they will get to you in the least possible time.
The Linksys RE4100W WiFi extender setup is a hassle-free process. The WPS and Web-Based setup methods make the setup quick and easy. However, users must understand the basic details of the configuration.
Let’s go through the procedure step-by-step.
Pre-requirements of RE4100W WiFi Extender Setup
Before moving ahead, consider some essential things that you will require during the installation. Although the setup does not require any smart WiFi app or Setup CD, here is a list of the requirements:
- An active router with an internet connection.
- An electric power socket.
- Any laptop, PC, or other devices.
- More than that, an ethernet wire.
That’s all you need to configure the extender.
Linksys RE4100W WiFi Extender Setup Ways
Basically, there are only two ways available for the configuration. The Web-Based Setup and WPS method. Use the points for more detail
Web-Based Setup Process
In this procedure, first join the extender to the router by using wired or wireless methods. For wired connection, insert one end of the ethernet wire into the extender’s ethernet port and another into the router’s port. And for a wireless connection, connect the extender to the router’s WiFi network. Further, follow the rest of the steps
- Once the connection is complete, plug the extender into the power outlet.
- Wait till the extender shows a solid light.
- Now, open the extender’s default web page on the device.
- Here, you can use the Linksys web or IP address which is 192.168.1.1 to access the default web page.
- On the screen page, insert the extender’s username and password.
- After that, start the Setup and use admin as the password.
- Lastly, click OK and thus setup is successful.
Using WPS Button
The WPS setup is another convenient way to launch the extender. Utilize the WPS button on both the extender and router. Make it clear that your router has a WPS function.
- To begin with, plug the extender into the power outlet.
- Then, push the WPS button on the extender.
- In the next step, press the router’s WPS button.
- By doing this, the connection will be complete.
- After the connection, the LED on the extender will remain solid for a few seconds.
Note: Besides that, you can also create the WPS connection from the settings interface. Tap the WPS option on the extender’s WPS screen to connect both.
Connect by Using The Device’s PIN
In order to connect your device to the extender, collect the device’s PIN first and follow the instructions
- Open the web-based setup page and log in.
- Select the Wireless option on the screen.
- Enter the device’s PIN in the field.
- In the end, tap the Register option on the screen to make the connection.
Connect by Using Extender’s PIN
To connect another device with the extender by WPS process, gather the extender’s PIN from the product label. Then use these tips
- Initially, open the web-based setup page on the web browser.
- Do log in here and choose the Wireless option.
- Insert the extender’s 8-digit PIN in the field.
- Last, click OK and the connection is complete.
RE4100W WiFi Settings Interface
When the configuration and connection are successful, you can modify the extender’s advanced settings by using the browser-based utility. To make the change and save the settings, you must click on Save Settings to implement the modifications. There is also a Cancel option to discard the changes.
Linksys RE4100W Product Features
The Linksys RE4100W WiFi extender setup’s latest features help to cover the WiFi dead zone. It works on 2.4GHz and 5 GHz bands simultaneously and expands the WiFi network up to 7500
The extender’s spot finder technology determines the distance between the extender and router and suggests the extender’s ideal location. Additionally, the extender contains a Music Streaming function that allows the user to play audio through the extender.
Settle The RE4100W Setup Errors
In some cases, troubleshooting demands the extender’s basic information. So, note down the extender’s MAC address, serial number, and version and utilize certain solutions to solve the errors easily
- Place the extender near the router during the configuration.
- Check the router’s working and connection often.
- Moreover, examine the LED indication on the extender.
- Remove the extender from the socket and plug it in again.
- Reset the extender if required.
- Press the reset button of the extender and wait till its factory default settings.
RE4100W Extender Firmware Upgrade
In case, the errors are still not fixed by following the above steps, then upgrade the firmware of the extender. The firmware update will enhance the extender’s performance.
- Download the Firmware upgrade file according to the extender’s model.
- Next, connect the range extender to your PC via an ethernet cable.
- Visit the extender’s web-based setup page.
- Thereafter, log in to the page by inserting the username and password.
- On the screen page, tap Firmware Upgrade in the Administration option.
- Upload the firmware file there and click Update.
Verify The Status of RE4100W WiFi Extender
When the firmware update is done, analyze the working and status of the Linksys RE4100W WiFi extender setup to get better performance.
- Go to the extender’s web-based setup page.
- Click Status on the screen page and then Device Info.
- Afterward, in the network address, verify the Subnet Mask and Default Gateway.
- The extender’s two numbers should be the same with the router’s numbers.
- Furthermore, check the WLAN statistics also.
- This should be written as Associated.
Linksys WiFi Extender Setup FAQs
You can configure the extender either by WPS process or Web-Based Setup. For the WPS connection, press the WPS button on both the extender and router. By Web-Based Setup, use a device’s web browser to access the web-based setup page. Enter the extender’s username and password for installation.
To check the Linksys RE4100W extender status, initially, login to the web-based setup page. Then, go to the Device Info under status on the screen page. Check the Subnet Mask and Default Gateway in the Network address option. These two things should be similar to your router. Check the WLAN statistics also and the status should be associated there.
You can find the extender’s product details like the MAC address and serial number on the product label. Apart from that, you can also see these details on the packing box of the extender.
To reset the Linksys RE4100W extender press the reset button for almost 10 seconds. Wait for some time for its factory default settings. For firmware upgrades, download the extender’s firmware file of your extender’s model. Open the web-based setup page and after uploading the firmware file, do the Update.