Linksys RE6500 Setup
Live Chat with our experts & get real-time answers to all your queries.
Call us to discuss your Linksys issues with our experts and get the solution.
Configuration of the Linksys RE6500 setup does not require technical expertise. Users can do it independently by using a WiFi connection, a device, and a web browser. However, there are a few basic things that users need to know to do Linksys RE6500 Setup.
Let’s jump to those things and the setup process.
RE6500 WiFi Extender Product Features
However, the Linksys RE6500 WiFi extender setup has the newest and most lucrative features with 4X Gigabit ethernet ports. The extender provides up to 867 Mbps maximum speed by working on dual 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz bands.
Apart from that, it has a special feature which is Music Streaming. You can stream the music on the connected speakers through the extender. Connect the audio speaker to the extender via an audio cable and follow the rest of the written steps
On Windows PC
- Open the media player in the window PC.
- Select the music file and right-click on that.
- Choose the Linksys Extender option in the “Play To” list.
- Now, the music will play through the Linksys extender.
On Apple Mac
- Open the iTunes app on your Mac.
- Tap the speaker option on the screen.
- Next, click the Linksys Extender option from the list.
- Once connected, stream the music on the extender.
You can also use this feature on iOS or Android mobile by selecting the Linksys Extender in the media player settings.
Supported Media Players For Linksys RE6500 WiFi Extender Setup
- You can use Windows Media Player 12 on a Windows PC.
- Mac device users can use the SofaPlay app.
- iTunes app for iOS devices.
- Media house, Pixel media, and many more for Android mobile.
Things You Need For Linksys RE6500 Setup
Though there is no need for any specific product for the Linksys RE6500 WiFi extender setup. But, you will require some essential things to do this, which are written-below
- An electric power socket.
- A WiFi router with an internet connection.
- Any PC or Mobile with a web browser.
- Default web or IP address.
RE6500 Extender Setup Methods
There are mainly two ways by which you can do the Linksys RE6500 WiFi Extender Setup. The first one is a Web-Based Setup and the second one is WiFi Protected Setup. Read all these Linksys RE6500 Setup processes one by one below.
- Initially, connect the antennas and plug the extender into the power outlet near the router.
- Wait until the LED turns from blinking white to blinking orange,
- Open the WiFi list on your device and connect to the Linksys RE6500 setup network.
- Then, search “http://extender.linksys.com” on a web browser.
- Click on the Start Setup option.
- In the end, insert some basic required things on the page.
- However, you can also search for the “192.168.1.1” IP address instead of the URL address.
In this way, the Browser-Based Linksys RE6500 WiFi extender setup will be done.
WiFi-Protected Linksys RE6500 Setup
- Firstly, connect the antennas to the extender in an upward direction.
- Plug the extender into the power socket.
- Press the router’s WPS button first.
- Then in the next two minutes, press the extender’s WPS button.
- The light on the extender will start to blink white.
- After a short while, the light indications will change, which shows the Linksys RE6500 Setup is successful.
Connect The Device Using the WPS PIN
Use this process if the client device has a WPS Personal Identification Number. In case you do not have this, then find it on the product documents. Thereafter, utilize the beneath-written directions
- First, visit the Linksys RE6500 setup page.
- Second, search for the “192.168.1.1” IP address on the browser.
- Fill in the login details, type admin as the password, and click OK.
- Go to the wireless option under the WPS.
- Insert the client device PIN and tap register.
- Finally, the Linksys RE6500 setup will be complete.
By Using Extender’s WPS PIN
- Access the extender’s default IP address or the web address.
- Insert your login details and use admin as the password.
- Afterward, click the wireless option and enter the extender’s 8-digit PIN.
- If you do not have this, then take it from the product label on the extender’s back side.
- Lastly, tap OK on the page. Thus, the Linksys RE6500 Setup will be done.
Linksys RE6500 WiFi Extender LED Indications
The different LED indications on the Linksys RE6500 WiFi extender setup show distinct notifications. Use the below-listed points to analyze the light signs
||This means the extender is ON, resetting, or firmware upgrading.
||Ready for setup or not connected with the router.
||Indicates that the extender is ready to use.
||Weak connection with the router.
After the configuration is done, check the light activity often to keep the connection active.
Resolving Points For Linksys RE6500 WiFi Extender Setup
There may be any reason which causes the malfunctioning of your extender. Utilize certain Linksys RE6500 Setup troubleshooting ways to fix the errors
- Verify the electric supply and internet connection.
- Restart the extender and connect it again.
- Reset the extender if needed and do the Linksys RE6500 setup again.
Keep in mind that during the configuration, place the extender near the router. Once the Linksys RE6500 setup is done, you can relocate the extender in the middle of the router and device.
Additional Resolving Tip For Extender Errors
In case your extender is running on an outdated firmware version, there will be performance issues for sure. So, try updating that from the web interface or the Linksys WiFi app. The updated firmware will enable the extender to run in an optimal way while avoiding performance bugs.
- Visit the Linksys web interface and select the Firmware Update option.
- Get the latest file of your extender and save it on your networked PC.
- Then, upload the file in the prompted field on the same portal.
- Click on the firmware update option again and start the process.
- Meanwhile, keep checking the LED on the extender’s panel.
- Ensure there is an ideal LED that denotes the process stage.
- Reboot the extender once the firmware is updated successfully.
- Now, check the workings as the latest update will resolve the errors.
Common Linksys Extender Setups
Some Issues You Might Face
Frequently Asked Questions
Basically, by two different methods, you can do the Linksys RE6500 setup. These are WPS process and Web-Based setup. In the former method, you can configure it by joining the extender and router with the WPS function. In the latter, use a web-based setup page on any device to configure the extender.
There are a number of reasons that the extender lost the connection to the router. Here is a list of these
- Maximum distance between the extender and router.
- Disrupted electric supply.
- More than that, a weak internet connection from the router.
- Inappropriate positions of the antennas.
The Linksys RE6500 extender comes with all the latest features which work on 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz bands. To make wired connections to the other devices, it has 4 Gigabit Ethernet ports. Clearly, it provides better internet speed without any interruption and covers the WiFi dead zone.
To upgrade the firmware of the Linksys RE6500 extender, download the Firmware File of the extender. After that, visit the web-based setup page and click Firmware Upgrade under the administration option. Then select the downloaded firmware file and upload it. Next, click Start Upgrade and wait till the update gets done.