Linksys RE6800 Setup
Live Chat with our experts & get real-time answers to all your queries.
Tap below to discuss your Linksys issues with our experts and get the solution.
The Linksys RE6800 setup process is as easy as pie. This can be set up by the WPS, web-based, and manual easy methods. Interestingly, there is no need for any technical expertise. Users can do this on their own after getting some basic information. Let’s go through the procedure gradually.
Pre-requisites of Linksys RE6800 Setup
Prior to initiating the Linksys RE6800 Setup process, make sure you have the things that the configuration will require. Here is a list of these
- An active WiFi connection.
- WiFi network name and password.
- An ethernet wire.
- Moreover, access to the web browser on any device.
These are the mere things that the setup will require. Now, let’s dive into the launching process.
RE6800 WiFi Extender Setup Methods
The Linksys RE6800 WiFi extender can be set up in mainly three ways. These are the web-based setup, manual, and WPS ways. Take a look at these Linksys RE6800 setup processes thoroughly.
Using Web-Based Setup
In this setup procedure, you will use the extender’s web or IP address to access the setup page. Here, the IP address is 192.168.1.1.
- To begin with, fix the extender into the power plug.
- Wait till the light color on the extender changes.
- Further, use any device and connect it to the existing router’s WiFi network.
- Thereafter, open the web-based setup page by using the web or IP address.
- Mark the tick on the License Agreement and start the Setup.
- Create a strong admin password and enter the password hint.
- Choose “As a Wireless Range Extender”, then click Next.
- Select the existing wireless network and enter the password.
- Thus, the connection is complete.
By Manual Method
You can perform the Linksys RE6800 Setup by doing manual settings on the default web page. Follow these steps for installation
- Initially, connect your device to the Linksys RE6800 default SSID network.
- After that, visit the extender’s web-based setup page.
- Tap the Manual Setup option which you will see at the right-bottom of the page.
- Now, enter admin as the password in the field.
- Furthermore, select the extender’s Operation Mode from the list.
- Lastly, configure the extender by doing manual settings for both 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz bands on the basic settings page.
Linksys RE6800 Setup By WPS Method
Besides the above two Linksys RE6800 Setup methods, you can configure the extender by using the WPS button on the extender and router. Ensure that your router has a WPS function.
- First of all, fix the extender into the power plug.
- Press the WPS button on the extender.
- Following this, push the router’s WPS button.
- Wait for a few minutes for the connection.
- As a result, the installation will be complete.
Change The RE6800 WiFi Extender Operating Mode
You can change the Linksys RE6800 WiFi extender setup’s working mode from the Range extender to the Access point. The access point mode expands the extender network coverage without any performance loss. Follow the directions in order to select the Access point mode
- In the first step, connect the extender and router with an ethernet wire.
- Access the extender’s web-based setup page on the device.
- After logging in to the page, tap Wireless under the Basic settings.
- Afterward, go to the Change Operation Mode and choose Access Point Mode.
- In the end, click the Change option to apply the changes.
Linksys RE6800 WiFi Extender LED Signs
The Linksys RE6800 extender has a LED indicator on the front panel which tells the extender’s working.
||Indicates that the extender is starting or resetting.
||Connection between the extender and router is lost.
||The extender is ready to use.
||Connection between the router and extender is weak.
Note: To check the working and status of the extender, verify the extender’s LED often.
RE6800 WiFi Extender Product Features
The Linksys RE6800 is a push-button WiFi extender with the newest and most powerful features.
- The 802.11AC technology extender works with duo 2.4GHz and 5GHz bands simultaneously.
- These bands improve the extender’s performance and cover an area of up to 9,000 sq ft.
- In addition, the Spot Finder function in the extender determines the signal strength and suggests the ideal location for the extender.
- Additionally, the Linksys RE6800 extender has the Access point mode which allows the users to widen the network signal more.
Clearly, these all properties help the extender to eliminate the WiFi dead zone.
Fix The Linksys RE6800 WiFi Extender Issues
In any case, your extender gets disconnected from the router, whatever the reason is. Utilize certain resolving tips to make the connection again
- In the first place, examine the LED sign so that you will know the cause of the error.
- If the LED is blinking orange, unplug the extender, plug it in again, and reconfigure it.
- In case, the light shows solid orange then reduces the gap between the extender and router.
- Place the extender away from other devices to prevent signal disruptions.
- Apart from that, analyze the router’s working as well. Make it clear that your router has a strong internet connection.
Reset The Linksys RE6800 WiFi Extender Setup
If the extender does not get connected to the router after following the above points, then opt for the reset function. Although the extender will start working properly, the extender will lose its default configuration settings.
Push the extender’s reset button and hold it for 10 seconds. Leave the extender for some time for its factory default settings. Confirm the extender’s light once and reinstall it.
Linksys RE6800 WiFi Extender Setup Firmware Upgrade
To boost the extender’s working & performance and to execute the Linksys RE6800 Setup smoothly, keep your extender updated always. Do the firmware update when there is a requirement. In order to update it, download the firmware file accordingly. After this, go to the Firmware Upgrade option and upload the file there. Tap the Update option and wait till it is complete. Finally, the firmware is updated in this way.
RE6800 WiFi Extender Setup FAQs
To connect the Linksys RE6800 extender to the router, you can follow three different ways. These are the WPS, web-based setup, and manual processes. Use the WPS buttons for WPS setup whereas for the web-based setup method visits the extender’s web-based setup page.
To change the operating mode of the Linksys RE6800 extender, first, connect the extender to the router with an ethernet cable. Visit the web-based setup page on your device. Do log in there and in the Wireless settings, change the operation mode and click Change.
Plug the extender into the power socket. Then, press the reset button of the extender for a few seconds. Wait for some minutes and let the extender perform its factory default settings. Once the resetting is complete, set up the extender again.
The default web address of the extender is “www.extender.linksys.com”. Whereas, the IP address is 192.168.1.1. However, to access the extender’s web-based setup page you can choose anyone from these.
The Linksys RE6800 WiFi extender works on both 2.4GHz and 5GHz bands. The cross-band technology maximizes the use of duo bands which provide strong and secure internet speed. More than that, the extender has a Gigabit Ethernet port which transfers the data 10X faster than the fast ethernet port.
Visit the extender’s web-based setup page and select the access control under the wireless option. Use the Access Mode option to allow or deny access to the device. In the next step, there will be an option to add the device. In the last, you will see the access control list which shows the MAC address you have added. Make the changes and click Save to apply.