Linksys RE6800 Setup
Live Chat with our experts & get real-time answers to all your queries.
Call us to discuss your Linksys issues with our experts and get the solution.
The Linksys RE6800 setup process is as easy as a piece of cake. This can be set up by the WPS, web-based, and manual easy methods. Interestingly, there is no need for any technical expertise. Users can do this on their own after getting some basic information. We are going to explain every little detail for your better understanding. Now, Let’s go through the procedure gradually.
Pre-requisites of Linksys RE6800 Setup
Before initiating the Linksys RE6800 Setup process, make sure you have the things that the configuration will require. Here is a list of all the things that will make your setup process successful.
- An active WiFi connection.
- Permanently available power outlets with stable electricity.
- WiFi network name and password.
- An efficient ethernet wire. It is responsible for the connection so make sure it is not damaged in any way.
- Moreover, access to the web browser on any device. Both of them should be updated to the latest version.
These are the main things that the Linksys RE6800 setup will require. Now, let’s dive into the launching process.
RE6800 WiFi Extender Setup Methods
The Linksys RE6800 WiFi extender can be set up in mainly three ways. You can choose any of them according to your will and comfort. These are the web-based setup, manual, and WPS connection. Take a look at these Linksys RE6800 setup processes thoroughly so you will not miss any important step resulting in time wastage and frustration.
Using Web-Based Setup
In this setup procedure, you will use the extender’s web or IP address to access the setup page. Here, the IP address is 192.168.1.1.
- To begin with, connect the extender to the power plug.
- Wait till the light colour on the extender changes and gets stable.
- Further, use any device and connect it to the existing router’s WiFi network.
- Thereafter, open the Linksys RE6800 setup page by using the web or IP address.
- You can use any web browser but in case of any error try switching the browser.
- Mark the tick on the License Agreement and start the Setup.
- Create a strong admin password and enter the password hint.
- Choose “As a Wireless Range Extender”, then click Next.
- Select the existing wireless network and enter the password.
- The Linksys RE6800 setup will be completed in a few minutes.
By Manual Method
You can perform the Linksys RE6800 Setup by doing manual settings on the default web page. Follow these steps for installation
- Initially, connect your device to the Linksys RE6800 default SSID network.
- After that, visit the extender’s web-based setup page.
- Tap the Manual Setup option which you will see at the right-bottom of the page.
- Now, enter admin as the password in the field.
- Furthermore, select the extender’s Operation Mode from the list.
- Lastly, configure the extender by doing manual settings for both 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz bands on the basic settings page.
Linksys RE6800 Setup By WPS Method
Besides the above two Linksys RE6800 Setup methods, you can configure the extender by using the WPS button on the extender and router. Ensure that your router has a WPS function.
- First of all, connect the extender to the power plug.
- Press the WPS button on the extender.
- Following this, push the router’s WPS button.
- Wait for a few minutes for the connection.
- As a result, the Linksys RE6800 setup will be completed.
Linksys RE6800 WiFi App-Based Setup
In case you want to perform another method than these above-mentioned methods, don’t worry, there is one more way which is the WiFi app setup. This portal will also require accessing the setup window on your smartphone from the app store. Take your networked smartphone and start the process in this way.
- Install the app either on your Android phone or iOS device.
- Ensure to choose the official app version from the list.
- Once it is installed, open it to access the login window first.
- Click on the login option and you will see a login interface.
- Enter the default username and password of your Linksys re6800.
- Keep in mind to avoid spelling mistakes while inserting the details.
- Press on the login button to proceed further with the setup process.
- Follow the on-screen directions that will help you to complete the setup.
- However, don’t forget to click on the Save button to implement the settings.
- Finally, make changes in the advanced settings, and enjoy the network.
Change The RE6800 WiFi Extender Operating Mode
You can change the Linksys RE6800 WiFi extender setup’s working mode from the Range extender to the Access point. The access point mode expands the extender network coverage without any performance loss. Follow the directions in order to select the Access point mode
- In the first step, connect the extender and router with an ethernet wire. Make sure that both of the ends are connected tightly and properly.
- Access the extender’s web-based setup page on the device.
- After logging in to the page, tap Wireless under the Basic settings.
- Afterward, go to the Change Operation Mode and choose Access Point Mode.
- In the end, click the Change option to apply the changes you have made.
Linksys RE6800 WiFi Extender LED Signs
The Linksys RE6800 extender has an LED indicator on the front panel which tells if the extender is working or not.
|Indicates that the extender is starting or resetting.
|The connection between the extender and router is lost.
|The extender is completely ready to use.
|The connection between the router and extender is weak.
Note: To check the working and status of the extender, verify the extender’s LED often.
RE6800 WiFi Extender Product Features
The Linksys RE6800 is a push-button wireless WiFi extender with the advanced and most powerful features.
- The 802.11AC technology extender works with duo 2.4GHz and 5GHz bands simultaneously.
- These bands improve the extender’s performance and cover an area of up to 9,000 sq ft.
- In addition to that, the Spot Finder function in the extender determines the signal strength and suggests the ideal location for the extender.
- Furthermore, the Linksys RE6800 extender has the Access point mode which allows the users to widen the network signal more.
These all properties help the extender eliminate the WiFi dead zone and provide an improved network connection.
Linksys RE6800 Default SSID, Username, Password, and More
There are a few important credentials and data that you must have before getting into the Linksys RE6800 Login and setup process. If you do not have these, you may not be able to proceed ahead in the login and setup process. So, take a look below and find out the crucial information related to the Linksys RE6800 WiFi Extender device.
- Linksys RE6800 Network Default SSID- The default network SSID or network name for the Linksys RE6800 extender device is Linksys Extender Setup – xxx. Here, “xxx” is the last three characters of your extender device’s Mac address. This SSID will help you recognize your Linksys RE6800 Network from the list of networks.
- Username- The username of the Linksys RE6800 Extender device is “admin.” This applies to most of the Linksys Extender devices. You need to use it to log into your extender account.
- Password- The default password for your brand new Linksys RE6800 Extender model is “admin.” You need to fill this inside the password box on the Linksys Extender Login interface. If you have created your own password, you can fill that one instead of filling in the default password.
- Web Address- The web address that you can use to access the Linksys RE6800 login portal is “http://extender.linksys.com” or “192.168.1.1.” If you want to use your device as an Access Point, you can use “http://ap.linksys.com.”
Fix The Linksys RE6800 WiFi Extender Issues
In any case, your extender gets disconnected from the router, whatever the reason is. Utilize certain resolving tips to make the connection again
- In the first place, examine the LED sign so that you will know the cause of the error.
- If the LED is blinking orange, unplug the extender, plug it in again, and reconfigure it.
- In case, the light shows solid orange then reduces the gap between the extender and router.
- Place the extender away from other devices to prevent signal disruptions.
- Apart from that, analyze the router’s working as well. Make it clear that your router has a strong internet connection.
Reset The Linksys RE6800 WiFi Extender Setup
If the extender does not get connected to the router after following the above points, then opt for the reset function. Although the extender will start working properly, the extender will lose its default configuration settings.
Push the extender’s reset button and hold it for 10 seconds. Leave the extender for some time for its factory default settings. Confirm the extender’s light once and perform the Linksys RE6800 setup now.
Linksys RE6800 WiFi Extender Setup Firmware Upgrade
To boost the extender’s working & performance and to execute the Linksys RE6800 Setup smoothly, keep your extender updated always. Do the firmware update when there is a requirement. In order to update it, download the firmware file accordingly. After this, go to the Firmware Upgrade option and upload the file there. Tap the Update option and wait till it is complete. Finally, the firmware is updated in this way.
Common Linksys Extender Setups
Some Issues You Might Face
Frequently Asked Questions
To connect the Linksys RE6800 extender to the router, you can follow three different ways. These are the WPS, web-based setup, and manual processes. Use the WPS buttons for WPS setup whereas for the web-based setup method visits the extender’s web-based setup page.
To change the operating mode of the Linksys RE6800 extender, first, connect the extender to the router with an ethernet cable. Visit the web-based setup page on your device. Do log in there and in the Wireless settings, change the operation mode and click Change.
Plug the extender into the power socket. Then, press the reset button of the extender for a few seconds. Wait for some minutes and let the extender perform its factory default settings. Once the resetting is complete, set up the extender again.
The default web address of the extender is “www.extender.linksys.com”. Whereas, the IP address is 192.168.1.1. However, to access the extender’s web-based setup page you can choose anyone from these.
The Linksys RE6800 WiFi extender works on both 2.4GHz and 5GHz bands. The cross-band technology maximizes the use of duo bands which provide strong and secure internet speed. More than that, the extender has a Gigabit Ethernet port which transfers the data 10X faster than the fast ethernet port.
Visit the extender’s web-based setup page and select the access control under the wireless option. Use the Access Mode option to allow or deny access to the device. In the next step, there will be an option to add the device. In the last, you will see the access control list which shows the MAC address you have added. Make the changes and click Save to apply.